Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Grandma and Grandpa Guida watched Nick and Andi overnight on New Year's eve so we took
Will up to play with his cousins while Terry and I had dinner out together. (Will's had several new teeth erupt this week, and quite frankly, we needed a break from his misery!) We knew some time with his favorite cousins would cheer him up for a while.

We had a very nice dinner, some lovely New Year's and past year's toasts, and time to talk (something we miss) at Iggy's in Ogden. It's one of our favorites. Then we headed back to find Will still up and plucking ornaments off his grandparents tree. It was almost 10:30 already, and he was quite punchy and adorable. He gave us a big smile and went right for us for hugs. It was a very healthy break for all of us, thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

He fell asleep on the ride home, of course, and we got him in bed and went downstairs to watch the ball drop a short while later. When we finally did go to bed, Terry and I laid there talking a laughing for almost another hour. And though we didn't get to see any of our friends, or got to any parties, it was one of my best New Year's eves. Not bad for people who've spent nine years together!

New Year's day we woke up to snow, and decided to pack up our sledding gear for dinner at Grandma and Grandpas. We made our favorite chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies, and Dominick made prime rib and creamed spinach. Will and I made a couple trips down a small hill with Nick and Andi before dinner, and even Clyde got to romp in the snow!

After our delicious dinner Chris, Shelly, and the kids headed home to beat the impending weather, and we watched "Julie & Julia" with G & G while Will had a late nap. It was better than we thought it would be, and made us hungry despite the gourmet dinner we'd just eaten!

When Will woke up he cuddled with Grandpa and had fun listening to Grandma on the phone even though she was sitting right next to him! He's discovered listening to the phone (not talking, mind you), and he loves to put it up to his (or your) ear. He even carried around the remote control for about five minutes the other night, listening to a very important imaginary conversation. Maybe he plans on working in intelligence some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment