Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Luckiest boy in the world











And I'm not exaggerating at all. I wish all boys could have a dad like Terry! He gets his feelings hurt a little when Will reaches for me, or gives him a dismissive look once in a while, but I know my time in the spotlight is short. Mom may be the one you seek comfort from, but Dad's the one to look to for fun and a real life hero. He's so silly and fun already! Look how high he pushed Will in his very first swing last week, or the new game he invented where he steals Will's pacifier and makes him pop it back out of his mouth as hard as he can. Terry is hands-on in everything he does, and Will is no exception. He's in there elbow deep in bath water, dirty diapers, meal prep, baby-proofing, and of course fun and learning! He's determined to get him walking, and he reminded him again this morning that "you only have a few more days, boy"--his goal was 10 months. He loves taking him out for his "boy time" to Smith and Edwards surplus store, or tool shopping while I'm at work, and some nights can even get him to sleep faster than I can. If Will is the luckiest boy, there's no question that I'm the luckiest mom! We love everything about you, Dad! Keep up the great work!

1 comment:

  1. HEY there!! I was just checking out your facebbok page and saw you had a link to your blog.
    Looks like you guys are doing great! You sure have quite the handsome little boy =)
    I am excited to get a little peek in on your lives now and again =)

    ReplyDelete